Chief Master Sergeant Richard C. Lawrence Jr. is the Wing Command Chief Master Sergeant, 132d Wing, Des Moines ANGB, Iowa. In this role his responsibilities include advising the Wing Commander on matters influencing health, welfare, morale, and effective utilization of Wing enlisted personnel. Chief Lawrence serves as representative to the Wing Commander and represents the Wing Enlisted force on various committees, councils, and boards, and represents the Wing enlisted force at military and civilian functions.
Chief Lawrence enlisted in the United States Air Force in November of 1985. Following basic military training at Lackland AFB, TX and Jet Engine Mechanic School at Chanute AFB, IL he was assigned to the 55th Field Maintenance Squadron at Offutt AFB, NE. Once Chief Lawrence found more out about the Air National Guard, he palace chased out of the USAF and into the Iowa Air National Guard in May 1988. He was assigned to the 132nd Consolidated Maintenance Squadron as a Jet Engine Mechanic. He accepted a fulltime Air Technician Position in the Propulsion Section in January of 1990. He has held several positions within the 132FW Maintenance Group including Jet Engine Mechanic, Quality Assurance Propulsion Inspector, Quality Assurance Tactical Aircraft Inspector, Jet Engine Intermediate Maintenance Supervisor, F-16 Flightline Supervisor, F-16 Quality Assurance Superintendent, and F-16 Aircraft Maintenance Superintendent. Chief Lawrence was also assigned as the Operations Group Superintendent and is a fully qualified MQ-9 Sensor Operator. Chief Lawrence has logged more than 780 hours as MQ-9 Sensor Operator. Chief Lawrence has recently been assigned as the 8th Wing Command Chief Master Sergeant to the 132d Wing.
During this time he has deployed to a variety of locations including Alaska, Australia, England, Hawaii, Japan and Panama, and most CONUS states. Operational deployments include: Operation Provide Comfort, Incirlik AB, Turkey, 1996; Operation Northern Watch, Incirlik AB, Turkey, 1999; CIRF Operations ONW/OSW, RAF Lakenheath England 2001, Enduring Freedom, Al Udeid AB, Qatar, 2005; Operation Iraqi Freedom, Joint Base Balad, Iraq, 2008, Kandahar Air base, Afghanistan 2012, MQ-9 Operations in Operation Freedom Sentinel, Inherent Resolve, and Poland 2019.
1990 NCO Preparatory Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala. By correspondence
1995 NCO Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala. By correspondence
1996 NCO Academy, In-Residence, McGhee-Tyson ANGB, Knoxville, Tenn.
2001 Senior NCO Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala. By correspondence
2005 Senior NCO Academy, In-Residence, Gunter AFB, Ala.
2011 Chiefs Executive Course, ANG Readiness Center, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
2018 Community College of the Air Force (ACFT Maintenance Technology)
2018 Community College of the Air Force (Space Technology)
2018 Community College of the Air Force (Professional Manger Certification)
2019 ANG Command Chief Master Sergeant Course, JB San Antonio Lackland, Texas
2019 USAF Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, JB Andrews, Md.
1. November 1985 - December 1985, Basic Military Trainee, Basic Military Training Squadron, Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas
2. January 1986 - April 1986, Student, 3330th Technical Training Wing, Jet Engine Mechanic Course for TF33, P-3/5/9, Chanute AFB, Ill.
3. April 1986 - May 1988, United States Air Force, 55th Field Maintenance Squadron, Jet Engine Mechanic, Offutt AFB, Neb.
4. May 1988 - January 2002, Jet Engine Intermediate Maintenance Mechanic, 132nd Consolidated Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Iowa Air National Guard, Des Moines, Iowa
5. January 2002 - March 2005, Quality Assurance Tactical Aircraft Inspector, 132nd Maintenance Group, Iowa Air National Guard, Des Moines, Iowa
6. April 2002 - May 2002, Student 362nd Training Squadron, Tactical Aircraft Maintenance F-16, Sheppard AFB, TX/Luke AFB, Ariz.
7. March 2005 - September 2008, Jet Engine Intermediate Maintenance Supervisor, 132nd Maintenance Squadron, Iowa Air National Guard, Des Moines, Iowa
8. September 2008 - December 2008, Flight line Supervisor, 132nd Aircraft Generation Squadron, Iowa Air National Guard, Des Moines, Iowa
9. December 2008 - January 2012, Quality Assurance Superintendent, 132nd Maintenance Group, Iowa Air National Guard, Des Moines, Iowa
10. January 2012 - June 2013, Aircraft Maintenance Superintendent, 132nd Maintenance Group, Iowa Air National Guard, Des Moines, Iowa
11. June 2013 - May 2019, Operations Group Superintendent, 132d Operations Group, Iowa Air National Guard, Des Moines, Iowa
12. May 2019 - Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 132d Wing, Des Moines, Iowa
Rating: Experienced Sensor Operator
Flight hours: more than 780
Aircraft Flown: MQ-9
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal 7 oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Joint Meritorious Award
Meritorious Unit Award with one device
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with nine oak leaf clusters
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with nine oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with one bronze star
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with one device
Iraq Campaign Metal with one device
Global War on Terror Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terror Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary service Ribbon with Gold Border and 2 devices
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with three M devices
Air Force Sergeants Association
Enlisted Association of the National Guard of Iowa
National Guard Association of the United States
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic December. 01, 1985
Airman June 01, 1986
Airman First Class March. 01, 1987
Senior Airman April. 01, 1989
Sergeant January. 01, 1990
Staff Sergeant January. 15, 1992
Technical Sergeant September. 15, 1996
Master Sergeant November. 15, 1998
Senior Master Sergeant February. 15, 2009
Chief Master Sergeant April. 01, 2011
(Current as of 07 October, 2020)