Chief Master Sergeant Jason Lehmann is the Command Chief for the 132d Wing, Iowa Air National Guard, Des Moines, Iowa. As the Senior Enlisted Advisor, he serves as the advisor to the commander and senior leaders on matters influencing the health, morale, welfare, quality of life, professional development and effective utilization of enlisted personnel assigned to the Wing. As the commander’s key enlisted advocate, he represents the Wing’s enlisted force on various committees, councils, boards and functions.
Chief Master Sergeant Lehmann enlisted with the Army Reserves in April of 1992. He attended Basic Training at Fort Jackson, S.C. and Advanced Individual Training at Fort Lee, Va. A reduction in force helped pave the way for him to join the 132d Fighter Wing, Iowa Air National Guard in March 1994. He served as a supply specialist in the Logistics Readiness Squadron for the next 15 years. During his time in Supply, he deployed to Al Jaber Air Base, Kuwait, 1997, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey, 2002, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar, 2006 and Al Dhafra Air Base, United Arab Emirates, 2008 in support of Operations SOUTHERN WATCH, ENDURING FREEDOM, IRAQI FREEDOM and COMBINED TASK FORCE HORN OF AFRICA. In the fall of 2009, He cross trained into the Logistics Plans career field. As a logistics planner, he provided support for the 132d Fighter Wing’s F-16 deployments to Royal Australian Air Force Base, Williamstown, Australia, 2011 and Kandahar Air Base, Afghanistan, 2012. During the 132d Wing’s conversion from F-16 Fighting Falcons to MQ-9 Reapers, he played a vital role in posturing and aligning the 132nd Wing with the Unit Type Codes required for the new mission sets. Volunteering in 2015, he was the logistics planner for the 185th’s KC135R deployment to Andersen AFB, Guam, in support of the Continuous Bomber effort. In 2018, he successfully managed the deployment of 97 Airmen to 16 locations with zero discrepancies in support of the Wing’s Reserve Component Period. CMSgt Lehmann was part of the battle staff for Task Force Reserve, Iowa where he managed the deployment of 85 Airmen in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Prior to assuming his current position, the chief was the Senior Enlisted Leader for the 132d Intelligence, Reconnaissance, Surveillance Group, Des Moines, Iowa.
1997 Associate in Liberal Arts, Des Moines Area Community College, Ankeny, Iowa
1998 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory Military Course, Maxwell-Gunter Air Force Base, Ala., by correspondence
2001 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2003 Associate in Applied Science Degree, Logistics Management, Community College of the Air Force
2004 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2004 Associate in Applied Science Degree, Information Systems Management, Community College of the Air Force
2010 Logistics Plans Apprentice Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
2015 Logistics Readiness Senior NCO Course, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2019 Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, Course 1, Suffolk, Va., by correspondence
2020 Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, Course 2, Suffolk, Va., by correspondence
- Approximate Size: 3.2" x 4", High Res. (See T&Q p. 259)
2020 Defense Support of Civil Authorities (DSCA) Phase 1, Suffolk, Va., by correspondence
2020 Contemporary Base Issues Course, Sioux City, Iowa
2020 Chief Master Sergeants Orientation Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
2022 Reserve Component National Security Course, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2023 Bachelor of Applied Science, Organizational Leadership, Waldorf University, Forest City, Iowa
1. September 1992-–December 1992, Student, 1st Basic Training Brigade, Ft Jackson, S.C.
2. December 1992-–February 1993, Student, Advanced Individual Training, Ft Lee, Va.
3. April 1992-–August 1993, Materiel Handler, 312th General Supply Co, Ft Des Moines, Iowa
4. August 1993-–March 1994, Materiel Handler, 1034th Quartermaster, Camp Dodge, Iowa
5. March 1994-–November 2009, Supply Specialist, 132d Fighter Wing, Des Moines, Iowa (November-December 2002, Supply Systems Analyst Craftsman, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey, May-July 2005, Material Management Craftsman, Sembach Annex, Germany) (May-July 2006, Material Management Craftsman, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar) (February-April 2008, Material Management Craftsman, Al Dhafra AB, United Arab Emirates)
6. November 2009-–September 2019, Logistics Plans Superintendent, 132d Wing, Des Moines, Iowa (February-May 2012, Logistics Plans Craftsman, Kandahar AB, Afghanistan) (June-August 2015, Logistics Plans Superintendent, Andersen Air Force Base, Guam)
7. September 2019—April 2021, Joint Forces Headquarters Senior Enlisted Leader (SEL), JFHQ-Iowa, Camp Dodge, Iowa
8. April 2021---September 2023, Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance Group SEL, 132d Wing, Des Moines, Iowa
9. September 2023—Present, Command Chief, 132d Wing, Des Moines, Iowa
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with Oak Leaf Cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with Oak Leaf Cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with Eight Oak Leaf Clusters
National Defense Service Medal with Bronze Star
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with Device
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with Three M Devices
STATE AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Iowa Leadership Ribbon with Torch
2000 Top Graduate, Supply Systems Analyst Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
2010 Distinguished Graduate, Logistics Plans Apprentice Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
2016 Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, 132d Logistics Readiness Squadron, Des Moines, Iowa
2019 Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, 132d Logistics Readiness Squadron, Des Moines, Iowa
2023 Summa cum laude, B.A.S., Waldorf University, Forest City, Iowa
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Enlisted Association of the National Guard of Iowa
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman First Class March 24, 1994
Senior Airman Sept. 15, 1996
Staff Sergeant Jan. 15, 1999
Technical Sergeant Feb. 01, 2001
Master Sergeant Feb. 15, 2003
Senior Master Sergeant Jan. 01, 2012
Chief Master Sergeant Sept. 01, 2019
(Current as of October 2023)