Questions If you have a question which is not addressed here, you may find the answer by visiting the Questions page of Air National Guard, or the Questions page of Air Force Link. For general military questions, please refer to the Department of Defense's FAQs page.


Collapse All Expand All
 Base Tours

Does the 132d Wing offer tours?

We offer base tours at the 132nd Wing as a community outreach on weekdays when our operation tempo allows. Base tours consist of a mission briefing, tour of the Maintenance Hangar, and visit to a F-16C+ static display. The length of the tour is generally 1.5 to 2 hours.

Here are the guidelines for base tours:
- Submit at least 30 days notice prior to the designated tour date.
- A formal request should be submitted on an organization letterhead.
- Tour group shall consist of a minimum of 10 people, no more than 30. If group number totals over 30, contact the Community Managers office for eligibility.
- If tour group consists of children under 13, there must be a sufficient number of parent guardians or chaperones present to monitor their behavior and safety.
- All tours are subject to cancellation. Visitors should understand that the mission comes first.
- A list of attendees should be emailed or faxed to the Community Managers office prior to the visit. This is to ensure the security of the base as well as the safety and accountability of all unit members.
- Members of the group should understand when they are on the Iowa Air National Guard Base and that they are on a federal installation and their vehicles and persons are subject to search. Do not bring firearms, knives, or any similar items.
- Certain conditions and restrictions apply to all base tours and tours are booked on a first-come, first-serve basis (please call us as soon as you know which date you would like).

If you know of a group that is interested in a base tour or to inquire about tour dates, please contact the 132d Wing Community Managers office at 515-261-8203

Event Request Form

 Flyover Requests

How do I request a flyover?

Air Force aerial support events generally fall into two categories: Aviation/Patriotic Holiday-related and Non-Aviation-related.

Requests for off-base flyovers will be considered only for aviation-related events (i.e., air shows, airport anniversaries or dedications) or for patriotic observances held in conjunction with formal observances, open to the public, on Armed Forces Day (third Saturday in May), Memorial Day (last Monday in May), Independence Day (July 4), Prisoner Of War/Missing in Action (POW/MIA) Recognition Day (third Friday in September), and Veterans Day (November 11 ) when held within seven days of the holiday date. This does not mean that you can request a flyover for an event on July 2nd, justifying its eligibility because it falls within seven days on one of the DoD-approved holidays. As a reminder, all sporting events require Air Force Public Affairs exception-to-policy approval regardless of the date. All other events that do not meet DoD eligibility criteria may possibly be considered as exceptions-to-policy events for one-time-only events provided there is sufficient rationale.
Coordination Process

Requests for an Air Force flyover will require coordination with the Secretary of the Air Force Public Affairs (SAF/PA). The first step will be to complete the on-line submission (DD Form 2535, Request for Military Aerial
Support) at: 

View & Print Coordination Process

 Military Records

How can I contact military personnel?

The Air Force World Wide Locator offered by the Air Force Personnel Center (AFPC) handles official and unofficial requests to locate Air Force Personnel. Official requests are defined as requests received from any government agency and the Department of Defense (DoD). All other requests are considered unofficial in nature.

The Air Force World Wide Locator only has location information on individuals who are currently receiving compensation from the USAF (Active Duty, Guard, Reserve, Retired, and Civil Service Personnel). If the individual has separated from the Air Force, no information is available. To obtain or find out more information about the service, you can contact AFPC at:

550 C Street West Suite 50
Randolph AFB TX 78150-4752 Phone:
Commercial (210) 565-2660
Military to Military DSN 665-2660 Customer Service Hours:
Monday - Friday (except Federal Holidays)
7:30 AM - 4:30 PM (Central Standard Time) e-mail:

If you need to contact a military member for emergency purposes, call your local Red Cross chapter, click on "Your local Red Cross" and enter your zip code.

How can I obtain copies of my military records?

Individual military departments, including the Air Force, do not maintain files or records pertaining to individuals no longer on active duty. When an individual is separated from military service (because of retirement, discharge from active duty or death), his/her Field Personnel File (containing all military and health records) is forwarded for storage to the National Personnel Records Center (Military). The Records Center is under the jurisdiction of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) of the United States Government.

An individual's complete service record is available to the former service member or, if deceased, to his/her next of kin (parents, spouse or children). Limited information (such as dates of service, awards, and training) is available to anyone. Not available to the general public is information which would invade an individual's privacy; for example, medical records, Social Security number or present address.

If requesting the records of a relative, a requester should mention the relationship to the former member (brother, uncle, or other). There is no charge for this service to former service members or their next of kin. For others, a nominal fee is charged for research and reproduction costs. Files at the Records Center are maintained as historical records only and are not updated to reflect current data on the former service member. The address for the National Personnel Records Center is:

National Personnel Records Center
9700 Page Blvd
St. Louis MO 63132
Phone: 314-801-0800 or 1-866-272-6272 (1-86-NARA-NARA) For individuals compiling family histories, NARA provides assistance to those interested in genealogy. NARA normally charges a nominal fee for research and reproduction costs. Their address is:

National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
8th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20408

I have questions about the Air National Guard or the National Guard Bureau. How do I get answers?

National Guard Almanac (30th Ed, 2004), Copies can be purchased for $8.50 + $3.50 shipping. Contact: UNIFORMED SERVICES ALMANAC, INC., P.O. Box 4144-Z, Falls Church, VA 22044-0144. Phone: 703-532-1631.

I would like to sell a product/service to the Air National Guard?

Under the Federal Acquisition Regulations, any contracting opportunities/projects the National Guard undertakes are solicited via normal contracting procedures, including approval from the Acquisition Planning Board.

To find out about contracting opportunities with the National Guard, log on to the Commerce Business Daily web site. All solicitations on behalf of the Guard can be found on that site.

What are my benefits as a National Guardsman?

For information on the benefits of being an Air Guardsman, visit the Air Reserve Personnel Center web site.

 Military Support

How can I send a care package to a service member?

The Department of Defense (DoD) has curtailed direct support of care package and holiday mail programs by which the public could mail cards, letters, and packages to a central address and have them distributed overseas.

Those wishing to send materials to Service Members can do so by contacting any of the various non-DoD Military Service organizations who still do this work.  One example would be the American Red Cross, which has a Holiday for Heroes program run by their local state chapters.  Their website is:
  Other organizations are listed on our DoD Resources page under Community Resources:

The appearance of links to external information does not constitute sponsorship, endorsement, or verification of accuracy by the DoD of the linked websites, or the information, products or services contained therein ( Packages&FaqID=9)

 Sexual Assault

Who do I contact if I've been a victim of sexual Assault?

If you have been a victim of sexual assault or simply have questions, please call the wing Sexual Assault Response Coordinator (SARC),Capt. Ken Hartman, at 515-261-8203. You are not alone and help is available!

The SARC falls under the Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Program, which reinforces the National Guard Bureau commitment to eliminate incidents of sexual assault through a comprehensive policy that centers on awareness, prevention education, and victim advocacy.

The SARC is available to provide emotional support, victim advocacy, information and referrals and support through the medical and legal process for victims of sexual assault. These services are available 24 hours a day, every day. 

132 FW SARC Cooridinator:
Capt. Ken Hartman
Comm: 515-256-8203
You can read more about the wing's sexual assault response and prevention program here.